Our Mission:Enriching lives through a continuum of quality services guided by Christian love and compassion.
Our Vision:To maximize the quality of life for those we serve.
The Luther Manor Story:
- In 1949, a non-profit corporation was formed by five Dubuque Lutheran churches as a joint project to provide care for elderly persons of all faiths in the Dubuque area. In 1951, a brick mansion at 340 Wartburg Place was acquired and converted into a care facility and converted into a residential care facility. Martin Luther Home was begun.
- In 1953, the constitution was amended to enable the administering of nursing care as an objective of the organization.
- In 1967, the Board of Directors began the complicated task of planning the construction of 3131 Hillcrest Road of what now is known as Luther Manor. With tremendous support from the churches and the community Luther Manor opened in 1969.
- In 1984, a 33 unit apartment complex was completed as well as the addition of the Wendt Wing, a 16 bed addition to the nursing facility.
- In 1992, an addition was added to our nursing home for extra office space, a private family room and a much needed staff break room.
- In 1996, the Alzheimer's Care unit, now referred to as Sunshine Valley Suites, was added providing a secured facility.
- In 2007, Care at Home services program began.
- In 2008, groundbreaking took place for the new Residences at Asbury town homes.
Religious Activities Are The Foundation Of Our Care
The spiritual care of all residents is very important to us. Regular weekly worship services, the rosary, hymn sing, and other special programs are provided for all residents in our chapel. Our full-time chaplain is available to provide residents as well as their families with counseling and spiritual support through the transitions of life.
Awards Luther Manor Retirement Community and Staff Have Received--Excellence Is Our Standard!
- Iowa Association of Homes and Services: Outstanding Mentor, 2006
- Governor's Outstanding Older Worker, 2005
- Iowa Association of Activity Professional of the Year, 2005
- Innovations in Recruitment, Retention and Promotion of Nursing Assistants in Long Term Care, 2002
(Only 2 out of approximately 17,000 nursing homes received this award)
- Best Practices, Employment, Iowa Department of Inspections and Appeals, 2001
- Governor's Award for Quality Care, 2001
(Only 8 out of over 600 health care facilities received this award)
- Best Practices, Employment, Iowa Department of Inspections and Appeals, 2000
- Innovation of the Year, Iowa Association of Homes and Services for the Aging, 1999
- Best Employment Practices, Iowa Partners for Resident Care, 1999
- Best Practices, Quality of Life, Iowa Department of Inspections and Appeals, 2011
Luther Manor AuxiliaryThe objective of this organization shall be of service to the residents and the staff of Luther Manor whenever possible and to give interested persons an opportunity to work together for the benefit of Luther Manor.
For more information or to volunteer call 563-588-1413.
Luther Manor Retirement Community Is Owned and Operated By All Of The Lutheran Churches In Dubuque
All Faiths Are Welcome!